Re: Validator.w3.org makes reference to non-W3C resources in diagnostics

2012-08-01 17:37, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> The error report
[...]
> contains a link to
>
>      http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/nfc-faq

The validator links to many pages that might be classified as unofficial.

> Linking to a web site that seems (from its name) more concerned with
> coffee than with standards would seem a sad error of judgement to me,
> and does not reflect well on the Validator or its creators.

The macchiato.com site may have its problems, and it does not seem to
visibly indicate its author. But by peeking at the source code, or at
meta tag information using a browser that gives access to it, you can
find out that it belongs to Mark Davis, the president of the Unicode
Consortium.

It might be more logical to point to
http://www.unicode.org/faq/normalization.html#2a
but the entry there is just a verbose link to the macchiato.com page.

Yucca