Re: X-UA-Compatible causes extraneous errors in the validator for an html5 page

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Robert K. Foster
<rkfoster@thewindjammer.com> wrote:
> I thought I had made it clear that I understood that particular meta tag is
> not valid markup. But I am not aware of another way currently to make html5
> compatible with older browsers. Is there another html5-valid way that you
> are aware of?

The easy way is to just use a real HTTP header rather than using a

The hard way is to:

1. Register the "X-UA-Compatible" pragma extension as described at:

    http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/semantics.html#concept-http-equiv-extensions

2. Submit a bug to the validator bug tracker to get it updated to
support your newly registered pragma:

    https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=Validator%20%28Nu%29

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis