Re: X-UA-Compatible causes extraneous errors in the validator for an html5 page

David,

Thanks for pointing out the problem with the 'div' element. Many times I
just copy and paste code from services like facebook without thinking it
through. Removing the 'div' element from the head solved the problem.

I thought I had made it clear that I understood that particular meta tag is
not valid markup. But I am not aware of another way currently to make html5
compatible with older browsers. Is there another html5-valid way that you
are aware of?

Thanks,
Bob.