Re: It validates az HTML5 with no </head> and no </body>.

On 12/12/2011 05:31 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> Like I already said: the validator reports no errors when it validates
> via the URL, but does report errors when you paste in the code
> directly. I have not filed any bug on this, but the validator is
> clearly in error.

There was at least one issue where non-UTF-8 inline charset indications
on HTML5 direct input documents resulted in "Internal encoding
declaration ... disagrees with the actual encoding of the document
(utf-8)" error, this is now fixed in http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/

If this was not the problem you were talking about, please file a bug
with exact details -- I may have got a bit lost when trying to follow
this discussion.