Re: Web SUBpages rejected with "Bad hostname"

This issue was solved as being .htaccess control which specifically
blocked accessing files in a certain subdirectory by the Validator,
using a RewriteRule.  I absolutely no idea why it was present.  Weird.
Thanks for the useful tips that pointed the way to investigating the
client side of the issue.