Re: bug: case-insensitive checking of IDs

On Tuesday 19 October 2010, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
> I notice that HTML4 checking performed by the markup validator is raising
> false-positive "duplicate ID" errors for IDs the match case insensitively.
>
> Is that intentional? If so, why? I know that browsers certainly don't
> process IDs case insensitively, and I'm not aware of other UAs that do.
>
> If it's not intentional, is it a known issue, or should I raise a new bug
> for it?

It's not intentional, and it was not a known issue at least to me.  But I
believe it's an issue that needs fixing in OpenSP, that's where the message
comes from, and I can't think of a sane workaround offhand in validator that
we could apply in the meantime.