Re: checklink:

Hello Roger,

On 31-Dec-08, at 4:59 AM, Roger Darlington wrote:
> It failed to check about 80% of the html links, claiming that it had
> reached the maximum numberr of documents.

The link checker is free, open source and the service is provided “as
is” and for free to millions of web content authors. Since this is a
shared public resource, some protection mechanisms against abuse have
been set, and making sure that noone starts the checker on an endless
errand is one of them.

As David (who is a volunteer commiting some of his time to help users
such as you, BTW) mentioned, you could download and used the link
checker locally if you have a very large number of resources to check.
That would be faster for you, less abusive for the shared w3.org
service: a win-win situation.

http://validator.w3.org/docs/checklink.html#install

> what a pathetic excus. why don't you incresae that number??

You might want to review your approach. If you are unhappy about a
free, open source service, there are many ways much more effective to
get your voice heard than being rude. I suggest:
http://www.w3.org/Status#contribute

[please keep the mailing-list in copy in your possible replies -
thanks!]

Thank you,
olivier
--