Re: Add Subject Here

Rick Horvath wrote:
> Most of your INVALID errors are incorrect, have been for years.

No. Valid whatever-you-are-testing-against and "supported by browsers"
are different things.

> How about establishing a more defined set of standards.

There are well established standards.

http://w3.org/TR/html4/
http://w3.org/TR/CSS21/

> For example:
> <BODY MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" TOPMARGIN="0" RIGHTMARGIN="0"
> BOTTOMMARGIN="0" LEFTMARGIN="0">

> These are all valid according to IE,

IE supports a lot of propriety stuff.

> but not according to you. Even
> though I'm a Firefox fanatic, I do care who my designs render in IE and
> Safari, but there needs to be *one *set of standards that all browsers
> can be happy with, once validation is completed.

There is:

body {
  margin: 0;
}

... in a stylesheet.

One standard. Not the two separate non-standards you are using.

Please direct responses to the www-validator mailing list and not
directly to me. Thanks.

--
David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>