Re: www.ny-unique 2

On 25 Aug 2009, at 16:24, Rick Horvath wrote:
> But as mentioned some of the errors are acceptable.

You said "valid" not "acceptable".

And acceptable to whom? Browsers? Search engines? Which browsers?
Which search engines? For how long? What about new ones that haven't
been created yet?

Writing standards compliant code reduces the chance of a user agent
failing to compensate for your errors.

> According to validator.w3.org, Google and Yahoo! both contain errors
> (Google doesn't even have much code) - so I don't take the validator
> too seriously.

I, OTOH, don't take Yahoo! or Google too seriously.

> As told to me from one reply HTML 5 is on the horizon and will be
> more forgiving, so it's better to wait and let nature take its
> course and not fuss over validation!

I don't recall seeing any errors in the report on your page that would
be acceptable in HTML5.

> Please no more correspondence.

If you don't want to have a discussion, then don't start or
participate in one of them. Demanding to have the last word isn't a
debate winning strategy.

David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk