Re: HTML Validator HTTP Accept

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Aristotelis Mikropoulos wrote:

> the Validator should sent an "HTTP Accept" header to the server that
> hosts the webpage, which header will contain the "application/xhtml+xml"
> MIME Type, in order to let the server know that it also accepts
> such a content type. Such a thing, would make the life of many web
> developers who use XHTML 1.1, easier, as this HTML dialect can only
> be served with the MIME Type mentioned above.

I do not agree as I do not have any problem validating these three URLs
with current version 0.8.4 of the validator:
 http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/ruby-annotation.x.html
 http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/ruby-annotation.xhtml
 http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/ruby-annotation.var

Note that these three URLs point to one and the same document.

It is not necessary for the validator to send an Accept or Accept-Charset
or Accept-Language HTTP header.