Re: Critical bug 4916 - ASCII issue fixed

Frank wrote:

> For a validator you're not forced to guess what invalid syntax is
> supposed to mean, simply flag it as invalid and be done with it.

Done:
http://www.validome.org/validate/?uri=http://idn.icann.org/IDNwiki&extended=1&viewSource=1&userAgent=Mozilla/4.0%20%28compatible%3b%20MSIE%206.0%3b%20Windows%20NT%205.1%29

It works in XHTML *and* HTML.

Disclaimer: Please consider that this is a temporarily patch as it is not a
conceptual URI check but a quick fix addressing the ASCII issue only (!!!),
not solving the general URI check problem.
As I mentionned before, the *real* solution will come with Validome 3.0,
after the release of our local validator for Windows users.

Best regards,

Alex
http://www.validome.org/