Re: Feed Validator service bugs

Hi Ryan,

On May 29, 2007, at 21:08 , ryan wrote:
> I'm trying to use the feed validation service at http://
> validator.w3.org/feed/, but I'm encountering a few problems–
>
> * Pasting the contents of the feed into the form and hitting submit
> gives me an error page. I've tried several feeds and always get an
> error. (FWIW, I'm using Safari 2.0.4)

Could you send the content of one of the feeds you tried? (to me only
if its content should not be public). I know that the direct input
interface of the feed validator is somewhat more fragile than the one
for online resources, but I tried with a couple of them and
validation was performed without problem.

> * The soap interface seems to likewise be broken. I tried accessing
> it with the ruby library [1], but it appears to be returning python
> stack traces of errors.

Can you send the trace, and context? I just tried the soap output
that the ruby library should be using, and as far as I can tell it is
functional.

> Other feedback:
>
> * http://validator.w3.org/feed/docs/ references "Atom 1.1". AFAIK,
> there is no such thing. There's Atom 1.0 (aka Atom Syndication) and
> there's draft 11 of the Atom Publishing Protocol, but those are
> different things.

Correct. Will fix that, thank you.

--
olivier