Re: Support of Charcter encoding BIG5-HKSCS was disappear.

Dear Franklin,

Thanks a lot for these test cases. They do help a lot.

On Jul 17, 2007, at 18:35 , Franklin Tse wrote:
> 1. http://peaceable_whale.sinacampus.com/Big5-HKSCS_Test/Big5-
> HKSCS.htm
>
> This page is the one which needs to be validated. It contains three
> HKSCS characters - "鱲", "è" and "埗".

Great. After a fix to the validator code, it validates fine.
The encoding is indeed supported, as I thought, it was just not
listed as supported.

http://validator-test.w3.org/check?uri=+http%3A%2F%
2Fpeaceable_whale.sinacampus.com%2FBig5-HKSCS_Test%2FBig5-HKSCS.htm

> 2. http://peaceable_whale.sinacampus.com/Big5-HKSCS_Test/Big5.htm
>
> This page contains the same contents of Big5-HKSCS.htm, but the
> encoding is declared as "Big5" intead of "Big5-HKSCS". Internet
> Explorer can parse this page while the other browsers and the
> validator cannot.

I suppose that IE here does some kind of error recovery, figuring out
that if is not actually Big5. This is the kind of heuristic I'm not
sure is easy to do. Would you agree that this case *is* an error?

Thanks,
--
olivier