RE: web service API returning HTML rather than SOAP 1.2

> Quick follow-up on the list,

Ah, sorry -- I didn't realize the reply-to didn't go to the whole list.

> On Jul 17, 2007, at 07:40 , olivier Thereaux wrote:

> I looked at the validator code, which reminded me that the validator
> issues a redirect if called with a POST for a validation by URI. I'm
> suspecting this could be related to the issue at hand, even if not
> directly.
>
> Lori, when passing a URI (not the local contents of a file) to the
> validator, maybe trying to do it with a GET method would work?

Aha! I was thinking this wouldn't work because I couldn't pass the
parameters (httpGetText() just takes a URL, whereas httpPostText() takes
a URL, a string of parameters, and a contentType), but I tried
concatenating the parameters to the URL *and it WORKED*.

var url = "http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/check";
var docContents = "http://www.avocado8.com/index.shtml";
var result = httpGetText(url + "?uri=" + docContents +
"&output=soap12");

I think this explains why it worked perfectly if I just pasted the whole
URL + parameters string into the browser's address bar (because it would
just do a GET in that case).

Thank you SO much for your help! This is awesome. :)

best,
Lori