Re: SVG Validator

Hello Helder,

On Jul 31, 2007, at 01:04 , Helder Miguel Magalhães wrote:

> Dear Validator team,
>
> First of all, congratulations on the (SVG) validation service. It's
> a very useful way to push the community torwards standards
> compliance, though it (SVG) currently seems a bit outdated.

It is, indeed. I seem to recall it has been without maintainer for a
while, but that there were SVG hackers willing to create a new
validator for their favorite language. FWIW, different validators are
generally made by different people.

>  Looking forward for Unicorn port!

Yes :) but, before being made unicorn-happy, it first has to work.

>  In the meantime, I've made a few tests (http://jiggles.w3.org/
> svgvalidator/) and would like to leave a few comments:

Thanks, I'm copying the www-svg mailing-list in this reply, since
that list should have more people knowledgeable about this tool. If
there are plans to revive the tool, maybe we could open a bugzilla
entry for it?

regards,
--
olivier