  • From: Greg Sabin <movingpictures4u@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:41:14 -0700 (PDT)
  • Subject: Re: Validator Test
  • To: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
well the big problem on microsoft office live is the meta tags are built in to the page so their code can not be entered exactly where they want it, so they find it and say it in the wrong place . and then say page errors are to blame , but as i said on a new page even when it is empty the validator says their are errors and i have no access to root or base programming , i can only add content , so then what google and W3 are implying is all the code written by microsoft in microsoft office live must be wrong , and so its either that or the valadator is wrong , so it can not be me , as new pages only have what content microsoft puts into them , so their is a problem some where , and the only way to get it fixed is to track down where it is .   ok   I just created a page and put in no content , please test this page and tell me where microsoft went wrong, please
  http://alien-computer.org/W3testpage.aspx
  this could help fix this problem  thank you again
  Greg

Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de> wrote:

Greg Sabin wrote:

> But after my dealings with Google as well as Yahoo , I can see how
> all the large corporations ( yes this includes .org's that follow
> suit ) have nothing better to do then put the little guy in the middle

>From David's second answer, I somehow missed your reply, I understand
that what you really want is to activate the Google Webmaster tools,
and they say that something in or before your meta tag is broken.

In that case try the alternate method with a dummy file. FWIW, my
XHTML 1.0 transitional meta tag did the trick, whatever the problem
is, it's most likely really something on your side.

Frank

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.