Re: Testing the Conformance Testing tools

Hello Henri,

On Oct 28, 2006, at 17:34 , Henri Sivonen wrote:
> What kind of licensing do you have in mind

What I am targeting is to follow the practices explained in:
http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2005/01/test-faq#legal

The test harness/framework should be under the W3C Software License
(certified open source license, BTW)

The test cases should be distributed either as W3C software license
or W3C document license. Whether one or the other is yet to be
decided, and may be done on a per-suite basis.

> and are you planning on including test cases for languages that are
> not specified by the W3C?

Right now the scope I have in mind is to have tests for languages
covered by our conformance testing tools. That includes a number of
languages developed at W3C (HTML family, CSS etc) and possibly others
(Atom/RSS would be welcome here, as we are hosting an instance of the
feed validator already).

It should not be implied that any test suite will be automatically
hosted at W3C - if only because I'm not sure a test suite without
reasonable maintaining resources are of any interest. However, the
software will be open source and groups/orgs wishing to use it to
manage their test suite for FooML will be welcome to do so on their
own servers.

Hope this answers your questions.
--
olivier