Re: [VE][63] Wrong character in meta element ?

David Dorward wrote:

> complying with, or at least extracting any sense from Appendix C
> is hard.

That depends on the browser.  From my POV it's simple, not hard,
it boils down to "never use <br/>, use either <br> in HTML or

For aesthetical reasons encouraged by my browser I picked your
recipe "no <?xml ... ?>".  But Christoph's C.1+C.9 recipe makes
more sense for syntactical reasons, an XML parser won't see any
funny "meta charset windows-1252" and assume UTF-8.  No issue for
my ASCII pages, but I've to fix about three windows-1252 pages.

Frank