Re: Dot Dot Slash notation checked by Link Checker

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 10:48 -0400, Jeffrey Chandler wrote:

> You described my situation exactly.  The webpage is up one directory,
> but the img directory is back down one directory.  So the website is
> listed at http://myhost.com/dir1/index.html, but the images for the
> site are back down one level at http://myhost.com/img/image.jpg, so
> instead of using the full path to the image, the code in
> dir1/index.html accesses the images by going back one level and up to
> the img/ directory "../img".
>
> Is there a way for the validator to ignore this type of entry.

There should be no reason to ignore such links, and there's nothing
wrong with using "../img/image.jpg" in http://myhost.com/dir1/index.html
in order to link to http://myhost.com/img/image.jpg.

If possible, please post a concrete public URL where you think the link
checker misbehaves so it can be examined.