Re: Error Message Feedback: text/css not currently supported.

Also sprach Terje Bless:

 > Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:
 >
 > >Opera offers to send files for you for validation. I tried this with a
 > >CSS file, and got the following error message.
 > >
 > >  Result: Failed validation,
 > >  File: test.css
 > >  Encoding:
 > >  Doctype:
 > >
 > >  Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because its content
 > >  type is text/css, which is not currently supported by this
 > >  service.
 > >
 > >It seems to me that it would be easy using the media type to direct files
 > >to the correct validator. As it is this message is misleading because the
 > >W3C validating service does support CSS.
 >
 > While there is, obviously, a W3C CSS validator, the W3C Markup Validation
 > Service does not, for obvious reasons, support checking CSS.

I think it should. There should be one W3C service which accepts
all sorts of W3C documents for validation.

 > Opera submits the files in a POST request, meaning the request cannot be
 > redirected (as we do for GET requests, when validating by URL, for resources
 > with a text/css media type)[0].

I don't think it's a good idea for the browser to maintain a table of
which W3C validation server accepts which formats -- this can easily
be processed on the server side, no?

-h&kon