Re: an ERROR or INNOVATION

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 04:27:50PM +1100, Casey Benson wrote:
>    <ol type="none" onMouseOver="this.style.color='red'"
>    onMouseOut="this.style.color='#A2A2A2'">BREECHES

>    However it seems it is an illegal instruction

It is an error. You can't have character data (text) directly inside
an ordered list, ordered lists consist entirely of list items.

>    and yet it works precisely with what I wanted.

Browsers perform lots of error recovery to deal with junk produced by
bad authoring tools and bad authors. Depending on their ability to
recover from errors is a very bad idea (you can't test the error
recovery of every browser on the planet).

> What I like to see added is a bit of code that will
> increase/decrease the font by a percentage of the screen size.

You'd need to address this request to the CSS Working Group. People
working on QA tools are less able to influence the spec then the
people writing it.