Re: W3C Validator vs Schneegans

Christoph Schneegans wrote:

>> I've found a link to other validator written by Christoph
>> Schneegans (http://schneegans.de/sv/) which ought to be more
>> accurate.

> Very few indeed. :-)

Interesting, I've just tested it.  It doesn't like redirections
(no big issue) and insists on UTF-8 for all documents without
XML-encoding (a showstopper for my pages, I hate the garbage
effect with legacy browsers).

Apparently I should really soon upgrade all lang="xy" to the
correct lang="xy" xml:lang="xy" <sigh />

And it told me that if I try post-modern stuff like <fieldset>
it MUST begin with <legend>.  That's apparently true (says the
nice WDG HTML4 OS/2 INF file), but why oh why isn't it in the
XHTML 1.0 DTDs ?

> <http://esw.w3.org/topic/MarkupValidator/M12N> is already on
> its way.

Okay, but for the real error your tool found it's _apparently_
an inaccuracy in the DTDs.  Any chance to report and fix this ?
I've no clue about W3C procedures.

                       Bye, Frank