Re: Problems Installing Validator on Mac OS X

Olivier,

I did what you suggested by removing the line and retyping it. I've also
reinstalled openSP3 and even tried openSP4. All the things that I've tried
resulted in the same error messages.

Something else that I noticed. I assumed that the Maintainer line in the conf
file is used in the error message, but it tells me "no address given" as the
last line after the error message:

"For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]), giving this
error message and the time and date of the error."

I've included a copy of my conf file below. Maybe another set of eyes might see
something wrong.

#
# Main Configuration File for the W3C Markup Validation Service.
#
# $Id: validator.conf,v 1.2.2.9 2004/05/18 03:41:19 link Exp $
#
# Basic Key/Value pairs, separated by TABs.
# Blank lines and lines beginning with "#" are ignored.
#
# The file:// URLs aren't really URLs; it's just convenient shorthand.
#
# TODO:
#      * Document format in /docs instead of here.
#      * Ditch this format for a sane one; probably using Config::General.
#

DEBUG   0

#
# Email address of the maintainer of this service.
#Maintainer     www-validator@w3.org
Maintainer      r_e_i@yahoo.com

#
# The "Home Page" for the service.  Make sure this ends with a slash.
#Home Page      http://validator.w3.org/
Home Page       http://localhost/

#
# Base URL To Error Explanations (doc/errors.html)
#Msg FAQ URI    http://validator.w3.org/docs/errors.html
Msg FAQ URI     http://localhost/validator/htdocs/docs/errors.html

#
# Base URL for the Element Reference.
Element Ref URI         http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/

#
# The SGML Library Path.
SGML Library    /Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/sgml-lib

#
# The SGML Parser to use.
#SGML Parser    /usr/bin/onsgmls
SGML Parser     /sw/bin/onsgmls

#
# Mapping tables etc...
Element Map
file:///Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/eref.cfg
FPI to Text
file:///Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/fpis.cfg
Error to URI
file:///Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/frag.cfg
File Type
file:///Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/type.cfg
Doctypes
file:///Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/doctypes.cfg
Charsets
file:///Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/charset.cfg

#
# DanC territory...
Tips DB
file:///Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/tips.cfg

#
# The "templates" for headers, footers...
Header          Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/header.html
Footer          Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/footer.html

#
# Location of Verbose Error Messages...
Verbose Msg
Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/verbosemsg.cfg

#
# Allowed Protocols
# - List of (comma separated) protocol schemes to allow.
Allowed Protocols       data,http,https

#
# Whether to allow checking resources located at private IP addresses.
Allow Private IPs       0

#
# Whether to allow SOAP support to be enabled (not recommended!).
Enable SOAP     0

Thanks,
Rei