Re: Problems Installing Validator on Mac OS X

Hello Rei,

Coincidentally, I performed an install of the validator on a Mac
system today...

On Mar 21, 2005, at 8:27 PM, Rei wrote:
> I made the conf file changes as described in the instructions. I
> only deviated
> from the instructions by installing the HTML:: Parser and
> HTTP::Request modules
> since I didn't already have them.

Yes, this is strange. As far as I know these two modules are included
wit lwp... We may want to make our bundle more strict in what it
requires.

> When I try to validate my test file, I get the following errors:
>
> Configured SGML Parser ' ' not executable! at
> /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/CGI/Carp.pm line 314.

If I remember correctly, that happens when there is an issue with the
"SGML Parser" line in the validator.conf file.
One way to be sure to fix it would be to remove that line (line 40)
and type it again

SGML Parser   /your/path/to/onsgmls
(the path is /sw/bin/ if you used fink or /usr/local/bin/ if you
compiled it)

Please try this, and come back to us if it works, or if it doesn't.

Thanks,
--
olivier