Re: [VE][387] Error Message Feedback

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:42:26AM -0600, Brad M wrote:

> The errors occur between my <script type="text/javascript"></script>
> tags.
>
> I have added <!-- and --> inside the script tags.

You are using XHTML, therefore <script> no longer contains implicit
CDATA.

  http://w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.8

As a result your comment is a real comment (although you won't notice
the effect since you are serving your XHTML as HTML/tag soup instead
of as XML ...

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/

...) your script would really be commented out. Except that you can't
use a double dash inside a comment ...

  http://w3.org/TR/html4/intro/sgmltut.html#h-3.2.4

  A common error is to include a string of hyphens ("---") within a
  comment. Authors should avoid putting two or more adjacent hyphens
  inside comments.