Re: [VE][108] Error Message Feedback

Brad M wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to read my question.
>
> I have an onClick event on my page, and the validator says it is incorrect.

Without a URL, it makes it harder to diagnose the problem, but it is
likely, based on past experience, that you are using XHTML which
requires all element and attributes to be written in lowercase.  Thus,
change onClick to onclick to solve the problem.

> The full line is
>
> <map id="Dec04Map" name="Dec04Map">
>  <area shape="rect" coords="60,25,75,36" href="javascript:void(0)"
> onclick="NewMonth(EventDesc[0])" alt=""/>
> </map>

That's not a very useful link for users without JavaScript enabled, nor
very good alternate text for users with images disabled.  Although
neither of those cases make up a majority of internet users, it's not
nice to make a site innaccessible to some, no matter how small the
minority may be.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/