Re: Document without charset

* Andreas Prilop wrote:
>My point was not whether it is practical or impractical.
>My point is:
>
>  First, the validator *itself* chooses UTF-8.
>  Then the validator declares that UTF-8 is impossible.
>
>This is neither logical nor helpful.

If your point is that the Validator should simply refuse to validate
documents for which the character encoding cannot be determined simply
by following the requirements of the applicable specifications then
this is not really an option. What we could do is to rephrase this to
say that the Validator could not determine which encoding to use and
guessing failed.