Re: [VE][79] New Error Message Suggestion

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Dessi Bravo wrote:

> I believe that my page is free from errors and a vallid xhtml page.

The purpose of validators is to let people _know_ whether pages are valid
or not, using simple automated tools.

> But
> when using your validator it only points to errors committed by the server.

The validator checks an HTML (or, generally, SGML or XML) document
submitted to it. It has no interest in, and no way of knowing, where the
data stream comes from.

> Now, in order to get the questioned page totally free from errors even from
> the server generating these errors, what can I do to eliminate it

Use a different server. If geocities.com appends some rubbish tags at the
end of a document (as it seems to do), ask them to fix it, or find a
server that does no such things - though this may cost a bit (There Ain't
No Such Thing As A Free Lunch). I have no idea of why Geocities spits out
the tags, but maybe it's related to their advertisements and maybe it
goes away (with the ads) if you choose a paying customer option.
Just maybe.

> All my
> coding complies with the W3C specification. I also have a validator that
> states the same no errors.

Then it's a broken "validator", _or_ you are validating your document
locally, not as uploaded onto the server.