Re: comments on "&section=2" being flagged as an error

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Grant, John A wrote:

> With all due respect to the collective wisdom of w3c, I would like to offer
> the following comments:

With all due respect, your rant has nothing to do with validation.

When you use validator, you are asking it to verify whether your document
complies with the formalized syntax that it purports to comply with.

So what's the point of complaining when it does exactly that?

> I would like to see some statistics on the two cases.

OK, here are some figures: 12.43%, 103.5%. After all, 97% of all
statistics had just been made up, and 95.2% of people have no idea of
statistics anyway.

> I wouldn't dream of arguing with any of you on any of this,

So you are not asking for a discussion, just whining. Next time please say
it first. Thank you.