Re: Margins on <body> ([VE][108] New Error Message Suggestion)

On 3 Jun 2004, at 11:09, Rachita Sarmah wrote:

You claim, in your email subject subject line, that you are suggesting
a new error message, but I can't see it. Where is your suggestion?

> Now I know that the same can be achieved by specifying the top and
> left margin in the css, but this is still not supported
> by the browsers :
> Netscape 4.7
> Opera 7.0  etc.,  so in order to make my files compatible to these
> browsers,  I need to use these.

Opera has padding on the body as a zero margin by default. You can
alter the padding with CSS.

Given that Netscape 4.x is a bug ridden and obsolete browser (Netscape
7.2 is expected in the next few months) with a near zero market share,
most developers are not too concerned with the presentation of pages in
it (lots of developers are not concerned with their content even being
accessible in it, but lets not go down that route).

There is no DTD published by the W3C which includes attributes capable
of altering the margin/padding on the body element.

--
David Dorward
      <http://dorward.me.uk/>