Re: XHTML 1.1 and usemap

* Shadow2531 wrote:
>>      The HTML Working Group recently discussed your email below. Thanks very
>> much for your continued support and review of the HTML Recommendations. At
>> our Group's most recent face-to-face meeting, this issue was discussed and
>> the WG has acknowleged that this is indeed an error in the XHTML 1.1
>> Recommendation, and we will rectify this error as soon as possible. The
>> value of the usemap attribute should in fact be of type URI rather than of
>> type IDREF. Thanks again for pointing this out.

>Has the XHTML 1.1 spec been updated to make the usemap attribute type
>"URI" instead of "IDREF"?

Try

  * http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/
  * http://www.w3.org/2001/05/REC-xhtml11-20010531-errata

IOW, no. Statements such as the one above have no normative standing and
are thus not a good reason to make changes to the Markup Validator. Here
in particular note that

  * http://hades.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/voyager-issues/Modularization-abstractions?id=8502

the HTML Working Group comes to different conclusions every now and then
which should explain why we do not react to such informal statements.