Re: [VE][108] Error Message Feedback

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Tomasz Nowak wrote:

> Line 60, column 11: there is no attribute "BACKGROUND"
> background="home/1155-3/des/gfx-1/menu-szukanie.gif">

It seems that you have understood what the error message means. The rest
is actually external to validation.

>   I try to make the same with CSS ( background-image: ... ) but it
>   doesnt work with IE and FireFox.

You made some mistake. Please try asking for help on some CSS related
forum like news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets. Don't forget
to include the URL of your page into your question.

>   Is it real error ?

For some values of "real", yes - including the value that matters in
validation. Validation is objective; what you use it for is up to you.
(Besides, there are browsers that don't support the background attribute
in <td> elements but support background-image in CSS.)