Re: Validator says my ISO-8859-1 page is not US-ASCII

* Jan Egil Kristiansen wrote:
>http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fheima.olivant.fo%2F%7Estyrheim%2Fblog.rss.xml&ss=1&outline=1&sp=1&verbose=1
>
>The validator complains that the page "contained one or
>more bytes that I cannot interpret as us-ascii".
>
>The page is declared to be ISO-8859-1, so naturally it
>contains non-ASCII. It is validated by XML Spy, so why
>can't validator.w3.org accept it?

http://cgi.w3.org/cgi-bin/headers?url=http%3A%2F%2Fheima.olivant.fo%2F%7Estyrheim%2Fblog.rss.xml

Your document is delivered as text/xml with no charset parameter;
implementations of the text/xml MIME type must assume us-ascii in
this case regardless of what the XML declaration might say.