Re: Validator and XHTML 1.1

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Rigo Wenning wrote:

> Olivier,
>
> get amaya, start it, take any page on www.w3.org, change the doctype in
> amaya to XHTML 1.1, fix the parsing errors that amya shows, save the

That isn't a deterministic process.  We can only tell if there's a
problem with the validator by reference to an actual example - a
URL unless the problem specifically concerns another interface.

> Synchronisation means communication between the validator-team and the
> amaya-team to fix those issues.

Validator is concerned with published standards, not with any particular
software project.  Coordinating with Amaya is like suggesting my
domestic electricity supply should coordinate with an appliance vendor.
So long as both support a simple standard, it's automatic.

> > For such reports, a URI with a sample document helps. Validity is very
> > dependent on context (e.g I have no way of guessing what makes the
> > validator "unable to validate XHTML 1.1 files created with Amaya" when
> > it can validate other XHTML1.1 files without trouble...

Exactly.

> > I believe Irene's mail answers this(?).

Who is Irene, and what mail is this?

--