Re: Validator and XHTML 1.1

On Nov 5, 2003, at 12:55 AM, Rigo Wenning wrote:
> as of today, the validator is unable to validate XHTML 1.1 files
> created
> with Amaya. Is there a plan to fix this?
>
> Furthermore, to link stylesheets, Amaya uses:
>
> <link xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
>   href="/TR/W3C-WD.css" rel="stylesheet"
> 	type="text/css" />
>
> The validator response that this is invalid.

For such reports, a URI with a sample document helps. Validity is very
dependent on context (e.g I have no way of guessing what makes the
validator "unable to validate XHTML 1.1 files created with Amaya" when
it can validate other XHTML1.1 files without trouble...

>  Are there plans to fix this?

I believe Irene's mail answers this(?).

>  Are there plans to synchronize with the Amaya-folks so that
> Amaya produces valid results or that the validator can evaluate output
> from Amaya?

Not sure I understand...

If Amaya produces invalid content it needs to be fixed. If the
validator gives wrong validation results it needs to be fixed. As far
as I can tell this does not take "Synchronization" between amaya and
the validator. Amaya uses technology which the validator validates: the
coordination happens with the groups that produce these technologies.

Of course Amaya folks are always welcome to discuss with the validator
folks when interpretations of suchandsuch specification differs, and
welcome to use the validator as other authoring tools do or plan to do.

--
olivier