Re: Restriction of national IP only

Terje Bless wrote:

[snip]

> Since you seem to be a bit quicker on the uptake then me Philip, perhaps you
> could help Jan with his problem? Or if you could give me some more information
> to work with, I might be able to find something.

I certainly can't help Jan with his problem directly, since I have no
experience of "mirroring" the validator, but I do believe I understand
what he is suggesting/asking for, so if I explain that (and if Jan
concurs), then perhaps you (Terje) or someone else who fully understands
the issues involved can help Jan.

Jan's problem is that he cannot access the W3C validator via his Czech
ISP; if a Czech site were to host a 'mirror' of the W3C validator
(that is, if a Czech were to be able to offer a service identical
to that offered by the W3C for validation), then Jan and his Czech
colleagues would be able to validate their pages.  What Jan therefore
needs is a pointer to a document which specifies how the Validator
can be ported to another host.  It would then be up to Jan to find
a Czech host which would be willing to mount and support the service.

I'm bcc'ing this to a Czech friend/colleague who may be able to point
Jan in the right direction if such a service already exists.

Philip Taylor