Re: Validator trying to validate javascript as HTML

Torben V. Rudgaard wrote:

> The script on my page looks something like this:

>   function addOption(targetElement,value){
>     for(var a=0 ; a<targetElement.length ; a++){
>       if( targetElement[a].text == value) value = '-'
>     }
>     for(var a=targetElement.length;a!=0;a--){
>       if( targetElement[a-1].selected)targetElement.remove(a-1)
>     }
> </script>
> Validator thinks that because I use a "<" then its a HTML element.

What does your <!doctype> say?

I took your script verbatim and put it inside an html 4.01
wrapper and it validated OK. So if you're having problems
with it, you're either using some other version of html,
or the problem relates to something besides the script
you quoted.  dcb