Re: Feedback on Markup Validation Service

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Dane Harkin wrote:

> Whilst I was attempting to validate some html code, I stumbled across the
> following
>
> there is no attribute "COLOR"
>
> I don't understand why "color" cannot be added as an attribute to <hr>.
>
>  Is it possible to suggest that the tag <hr> include the attribute
> color in the validation process?

There is no "color" attribute for the "hr" element in any standard version
of HTML.

If you really wanted, you could write your own DTD that defines a "color"
attribute for the "hr" element.  See
<http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/customdtd.html> for an example of
using a custom DTD.

However, it's probably better instead to use Cascading Style Sheets to
specify the colour of "hr" elements.

--
Liam Quinn