Re: Bug in validator?

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 16:32, Chris wrote:

> Is this a bug, or are we missing something?  Are forward slashes not
> allowed in URL descriptions?

Yes, they are...

>   ...centage Increase/Decrease/Rollback</a><BR /></td>
>                                          ^

...but I guess you're using the "/>" notation to end elements with a
non-X(HT)ML DTD, which is not allowed in earlier HTML versions.  So, the
SGML parser disagrees with you about where the elements in your document
begin and end.

Try replacing "<br />" with "<br>" and other similar ones if you have
them (like link, hr, img etc), that should fix it.

And while I'm at it, posting references to URLs that exhibit unexpected
behaviour is always a good idea, that'll provide people on this list
with enough information for useful problem analysis.

HTH,
--
\/