Re: Problem with validator (500 EOF)

On Tuesday, Feb 25, 2003, at 04:42 Asia/Tokyo, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> It must be something with v.w.o setup.  Someone with shell access
> there,
> what version of LWP and Perl does it have installed?

The perl installed is 5.6.1 and lwp-request is version 2.01
(libwww-perl-5.64).
I tried it on another box with the same version of perl and lwp-request
version 2.01 (libwww-perl-5.65) and it worked like a charm.

> What does "HEAD
> http://fps.boomtown.net/da_dk/" output?

24/02 19:56 ot@validator ~% telnet fps.boomtown.net 80
Trying 62.243.74.242...
Connected to boomtown.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
HEAD /da_dk/ HTTP/1.1
Host: fps.boomtown.net:80

Connection closed by foreign host.

 From my machine, it works just fine... Also tested from other hosts on
the same network as the validator box, no problem.

This is *quite* puzzling.

--
Olivier