Fussy mode (Was Re: [ANN] W3C Markup Validator 0.6.5 Beta #1)

On Thursday, Aug 28, 2003, at 13:08 America/Montreal, Jim Ley wrote:
> change the beta validator to not be in fussy mode and you'll see it
> says it's valid, and it indeed it is.

The Fussy mode could indeed benefit from a different wording than
"valid"/"not valid". Suggestions welcome, I think Jim suggested - on
the #validator IRC channel - "good" and "not good" for example.

Terje Wrote:
> When the W3C Markup Validator is running in «Fussy Parsing» mode it
> will
> complain about all sorts of things that are technically legal in HTML,
> but
> which is known to be problematic in practice and probably not what you
> wanted.
>
> (
>   For the SGML Geeks among you, this mode disables pretty much all
>   SHORTTAG features, complains about omitted REFC, requires documents
>   to be «Fully Tagged», and a few other things.
> )

I'm tempted to add this or something similar to the documentation, and
we can link to there from the "note" which appears when fussy mode has
caught specific "errors".

--
olivier