Connection: close
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:07:51 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix)
Last-Modified: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 05:29:27 GMT
Client-Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:07:52 GMT
Client-Peer: 18.29.1.50:80
Client-Response-Num: 1

In the validator that we installed, we tried to use the extended validation
form and specify the encoding to be "iso-8859-1", but we still got the same
error message:

Sorry! A fatal error occurred when attempting to transcode the character encoding of the document. Either we do not
support this character encoding yet, or you have specified a non-existent character encoding (often a misspelling).

The detected character encoding was "iso-8859-1".

The error was "Unsupported conversion: Invalid argument at
/httpd/cgi-bin/check line 2247. ".

And here is the line 2244 to line 2251 in check script:

  $result_charset = exact_charset($File, $result_charset);
  if ($command eq 'I') {
    # test if given charset is available
    eval {my $c = Text::Iconv->new($result_charset, 'utf-8')};
    $command = '' if $@;
  } elsif ($command eq 'X') {
    $@ = "$File->{Charset}->{Use} undefined; replace by $result_charset";
  }