Re: gb2312 support broken?

It looks like the document isn't correct.

 From http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets:
Name: GB2312  (preferred MIME name)
MIBenum: 2025
Source: Chinese for People's Republic of China (PRC) mixed one byte,
         two byte set:
           20-7E = one byte ASCII
           A1-FE = two byte PRC Kanji
         See GB 2312-80
         PCL Symbol Set Id: 18C
Alias: csGB2312

The document contains two-byte sequences where the second
byte is in the 20-7E range. This isn't GB2312 as defined
above. I don't know what it is.

When changing the charset to GB-18030, things worked
(the document was hopelessly invalid, though).

What really should be changed is that on
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ops.dti.ne.jp%2F%7Emuttle
y%2Ftest%2Ftest-2-gb2312.html&ss=1

there is no information at all about the charset, and no
way to change it. There should always be a chance to change
the charset if there is an encoding-related problem.

Regards,    Martin.