Re: Bug: Doctype override fails

>The validator keeps telling me that there is no document type
>declaration.

Ok, what's happening here is that two pieces of code are using different
rules for the DOCTYPE. The DOCTYPE Override is just looking for any
existing DOCTYPE and replacing it, no matter where in the file it is (with
some limitations, but...). But the SGML Parser is enforcing the DOCTYPE at
the beginning and so throwing an error when it finds an element before it.

The final spanner in the works is that our code is catching the "no
doctype" error and putting up the "Fatal Error" message, even though the
same code just did the DOCTYPE Override thing.

I'm slogging through that code trying to address your and Håkon's other
concerns/suggestions at the moment so I'll see if this is something that's
possible to deal with right away without potentially breaking stuff (this
logic is getting pretty horrible to keep straight).

If not I'll log this and deal with it for our next major revision (0.7)
since I need to perform major surgery on that stuff then anyways.

Thanks for the report Björn!

--
Now Playing "Ne Me Quitte Pas (If You Go Away)" by "Nina Simone"",
 from the album "Feeling Good - The Very Best Of".