Re: Possible Bug

"Ville Skyttä" <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote in message
news:1050051784.7735.266.camel@bobcat.ods.org...

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 04:21, Richard Hulse wrote:
>> but it should be:

javascript:void(document.location='http://validator.w3.org/check?uri='+escap
e(document.location))

>> to work correctly.

Even this isn't reliable of course...  a version using encodeURIComponent on
window.location would be better than using escape - falling back to escape
only where the ECMAScript Ed. 3 objects aren't available.

>Yep, you're right about the escaping.  But document.location is
>deprecated and has been dropped in modern browsers; window.location
>works since JavaScript 1.0 and should be used instead.

Well window.location is certainly the correct object to use, not sure I'm
that happy with the argument why though.

Jim.