Re: HTML Validator

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 Kevin.MacNeil@CSE-CST.GC.CA wrote:

> I have been trying to install your HTML Validator without any success.  I
> get an Internal server error trying to "open(/temp/validate.?????)".

/temp/.... ?  Is that a typo for /tmp/..... ?

> Any suggestions on what the problem may be?

validator creates tmpfiles, and these have relatively recently switched
to using mkstemp() for security.  Apart from the stray "e", that looks
much like a mkstemp filename.  So I'd guess it has a problem with
your filesystem.  If you've done a grep for any likely typo, check for
a full filesystem or one with over-restrictive permissions.

Hmmm, on second thoughts, mkstemp should internally replace those
questionmarks.  Looks your OS, and more specifically your libc,
may not support mkstemp.  What OS is this?

--
Nick Kew