Re: Beta W3C HTML validator

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 00:54, Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:

> I just tested the W3C HTML validator on http://validator.w3.org:8001/
> and
> it returned an error concerning an incorrect atttribute value (   1.
> Line
> 31, column 50:  value of attribute "ALIGN" cannot be "CENTER"; must be
> one
> of "TOP", "MIDDLE", "BOTTOM", "LEFT", "RIGHT"  (explain...).)
>
> The error was fine but when I clicked on explain it tried to go to
> http://validator.w3.org/docs/errors.html#unkn-att-val and the anchor
> unkn-att-val is not defined (there is undef-attr-val though).

Actually, this is a configuration bug in the beta; the "explain" links
point to the errors page of the old validator, not the :8001 version.
The new version has "unkn-att-val" so it's ok, but there was one similar
bug in the new version too (fixed now in CVS).  Thanks for the report.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi