Re: [Bug] the HTML validator doesn't handle the Content-Encoding header

Dominique Hazaël-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:

>I've just found that the HTTP client of the HTML Validator doesn't
>acknowledge the Content-Encoding header, in that a document served as
>text/html + content-encoding: gzip will be handled in it binary format,

This is an LWP bug. I'm checking into the status of the fix now. If there
is no fix yet I'll try to get a fix into LWP instead of working around it
in the Validator. IMO we can live with this glitch for a while longer if
necessary.

BTW, do you have a URI handy which demonstrates the problem? I could just
fake it of course, but it's always better to have a real test case to check
against.