Re: Which parser does the development version use ?

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Frederic Schutz wrote:

> I'm trying to install a local copy of the development version of the
> validator, and I have a problem with the parser options. Among the
> options
> that are passed at the execution, there is a "-R" :
>
> > my @xmlflags = qw(
> > 		  -R
> > 		  -wvalid
> > 		  -wnon-sgml-char-ref
> > 		  -wno-duplicate
> > 		  -wunclosed
> > 		 );
>
> But neither SP nor OpenSP seem to know what -R is and they return an
> error.
> Both are the latest version (1.3.4 and 1.5pre5, from Debian packages).

-R is a recent addition to OpenSP (and lq-nsgmls).  The -R option is
available from the opensp_1_5_branch in OpenSP's CVS repository, but it
isn't yet in a release version of OpenSP.

The -R option restricts local file reading to prevent untrusted users from
reading arbitrary files on your server.  If you don't have any untrusted
users of your local installation, you could remove the -R option.  If you
have untrusted users, you should compile OpenSP from the opensp_1_5_branch
in CVS or use lq-nsgmls 1.3.4.8 or later.

--
Liam Quinn