Re: typo in validation page

Philip TAYLOR [PC87S/O-XP] <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:

>"b.mauritsz" wrote:
>>
>>LS, There is a small typo in the text when the validate is passed.
>>&ld;&quot; and &gt;&quot; wil work better.
>
>I don't think Terje /wanted/ to write "&ld;&quot;" (or its matching
>right counterpart); he was using &ldquo; (and friend) to indicate left
>(right) double quotes, but it is a fact that by no means all browsers
>will successfully render &ldquo; (and friend).

Oh, right. This is a known issue (in a paralell thread here on
www-validator). You nailed it precisely Philip; the entities used are
&ldquo; and &rdquo;. "b.mauritsz" is probably using Netscape 4.x or another
browser that does not understand these entities and instead display them
verbatim.

A future version of the Validator will address this issue.

Thanks, both of you, for the feedback!